[Zope] UserFolder Alternate Login

dlee@usol.com dlee@usol.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:46:18 GMT

Zopatistas,

I need functionality that none of the UserManagers seem to address. I
need to allow a user to elect to log in (and set
AUTHENTICATED_USER) as opposed to have them access a restricted
resource to trigger cookie authentication.

I am essentially limited to GUF because it's the only thing I can install
on my provider's system (I can't compile the LoginManager). Is there
a way to allow the user to login at will, and still get
AUTHENTICATED_USER set?

There are no "restricted" parts of the site I am building (except for the
management interface) however, I would like to generate dynamic
menus (using hasrole) which allow users in specific groups (authors,
members, etc) to have additional menu options.

I'm hoping there is a way to do this...

Thanks in advance,
Darin Lee