[Zope] Acquisition: DTML Methods vs Documents

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:03:41 -0600

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

>    There are many Documents on my site, not only index_html. Should I make
> them all Methods? Why after this I need Documents at all?

The ONLY time I use a Document is, as a container for properties.
For example a patient is seen by a doctor. The date/time, vital
signs etc. would be recorded in properties of a DTML Document.
The DTML code in the Document is used to display this information
anytime later.
(Okay, FreePM is really more complicated than that but it's the
basic idea. <g>)

-- Tim Cook  --
Help the new U.S. President (and your Country).
Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/sphinx84/petition.html
Censorship: The reaction of the ignorant to freedom.