[Zope] NEWBIE: Versions

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:04:04 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Andy Gates wrote:

> Thanks to your help a few months back, I eventually got my first big
> Zope site up.  Now the marketing droids have let it mature and come
> back to me with a laundry-list of tweaks and changes.
>
> 'Tis time, think I, to use versioning: keep the live site running and
> work on a version with all changes, let the droids assess it, and then
> roll it live in one chunk.
>
> Now, how do I do that, then?

Not sure if I undertand correctly your problem, but all you have to do is
to create a version object in the folder you want to modify (Add Version).
Then click on this object an connect to it. Then do all your modifications
as you would do it without a version, and let your droids view it. When
all is OK, click on your version object and click on save/discard, enter
some text to describe what you've done and click save.  Now you can
disconnect and eventually delete your version object.

hoping this will help

bye,
Jerome Alet