[Zope] Re: Leaking Oracle connections & processes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:33:45 +0100 (CET)

Shai Berger writes:
 > Do you have a DCOracle version later than 1.3.2?
No, we use DCOracle 1.3.2

 > We use 1.3.2; we have increased the cache from 400 (the default) to
 > 1000, to no avail. Our ZODB size, last I checked, was ~40M. I
 > remember you mentioning that yours was less then 10M, I think; how
 > much cache do you use?
I have to check at work,
but I think it was about 10 % of the objects in the ZODB
with the time set to 30 minutes.

 > > We do know what caused our zombie processes:
 > > a bug in the Oracle Java runtime library:
 > Zope starts Oracle processes from Java???
No, it does not.
Apparently, your Zombie processes have a different cause
then ours.
Our Zombies have not been Zope children but Oracle children,
spawned by Oracle stored procedures implemented in Java.

Sorry, if I responded to a message in a thread without
a clear understanding of the basic problem.

Dieter