[Zope] Caching/http-acceleration and proxying Zope-served con tent

Ragnar Beer rbeer@uni-goettingen.de
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:10:12 +0100

I started using mod_proxy, because I needed the configuration options
(redirection etc.) and squid wouldn't cache ssl stuff. It's running
very well since about six months now.

The downside is that it's really badly documented. BTW there is a new
book by Ralf Engelschall that you can download for free from
http://www.apacheref.com that also covers mod_proxy. Not in detail
though. He calls mod_proxy apache's stepchild.

Concerning numbers I gave some in my caching with mod_proxy howto
(http://www.zope.org/Members/rbeer/caching).

Ragnar