[Zope] MySQL connection woes

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:44:59 -0200

I don't know how to create a null login in MySQL, but I know a better
solution. The last time I had a problem like yours I created a user in
MySQL and used it connect Zope.

In mysql you type:

GRANT ALL ON my_database.* TO my_user IDENTIFIED BY my_passwd

(The .* part is a wildcard meaning all tables in this database.)

Then you can connect Zope using a connection string like this:

my_user@localhost my_passwd

Good luck,

Luciano

PS.