[Zope] ZServer

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:24:10 +0100 (CET)

Tom Deprez writes:
 > Can anybody tell me what the following warning means, or where I can find
 > documentation on this warning?
 >
 > ZServer warning : server accept() threw EWOULDBLOCK
You can tell a socket that you do not want to wait.
If you did, then the socket will return EWOULDBLOCK
when you do something that would let you wait.

Usually, you have a "listen" above the "accept".
When the "listen" returns, you know, there is a connection
to "accept". However, if the process that wanted to connect
dies, it might be (with low probability) that "listen" returns
but when "accept" is reached, the request went away.

Because probability is very low, I do not know whether
this is your problem. If it is, however, then you
could simply ignore the error and restart the "listen".

Dieter