[Zope] MySQL

Petter Enholm petter@enholm.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:52:33 +0100

Hi,

I did not get mySQL running using the HOW-TO below. It seems to be outdated,
as there is not need for patching anymore. The following HOW-TO is newer;
http://www.zope.org/Members/MikeP/ZMySQLDA. I had mySQL up and running in no
time when following this HOW-TO.

If you are using mySQL on WIN32 use the following HOW-TO:
http://www.zope.org/Members/philh/mysql, and download all the files this
HOW-TO refers to, instead of compiling your own (if you don't know exactly
what you are doing).

I don't want to sound negative, but someone should really tidy up these
HOW-TOs for mySQL and remove the old ones. What caused me most trouble when
installing mySQL for the first time was to find the correct HOW-TO.

Q: Are there any person responsible for the HOW-TO's?

Suggestion: Now that there are many persons working with Zope, writing
HOW-TO's etc - would it be an idea to create categories for the different
HOW-TO's and that each category should have a maintainer, responsible for
removing old HOW-TO's or at least clearly state which version of the
products they are valid for? I could take responsibility for one category
....... I think this could improve the quality of the available
documentation.

Best regards
Petter Enholm

Also: