[Zope] way to cleanup form input text?

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:06:17 -0800

Write an external method in python that uses regsub.sub or regsub.gsub
functions.  This allows you to do regular expression substitutions.

regsub.sub does a replace on the first match only
regsub.gsub does a replace on all matches

Ex:

import regsub
def process_a_string(self):
	"""Processes a string, where string is passed as self"""
	result=regsub.gsub('[ \t][ \t]+', ' ', self) 	#Filters all
duplicate spaces and
	return result						#tabs down
to one space char

where somestring is our example attribute call this in dtml:

<dtml-var expr="process_a_string(somestring)">

is somemethod is a method returning a string:

<dtml-var expr="process_a_string(somemethod())">

Sean