[Zope] RE: ZMySQLDA, Problems Connecting

Steve McMahon steve@suntype.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:06:13 -0800

 >...when I attempt to add a Z MySQL Database Connection to a folder, I get
"Invalid connection string" -- no matter what the connection string....

Problem solved. It turned out there was a line of commented-out diagnostics
on the page that reported "Invalid connection string." That let me know the
problem was an inability to connect through the socket. Checking that, I
discovered that the RedHat default install has 0700 permissions for the
directory containing the MySQL socket. Changing that to 0711 cleared up my
problems.
Steve McMahon, SunType Publishing Systems
steve@suntype.com
voice & fax: (530) 757-7682
http://www.suntype.com