[Zope] Design Q: Product vs. External Methods

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:08:54 +0000

tilo.schwarz@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> Assume, I have a bunch of python modules / scripts, which I want to make
> accessible via zope. Is it better to use the external methods to bring the
> python modules into zope or should I make a Product out of my python modules.

Well, do the python modules contain methods or classes?
If classes, turn them into a Zope products.
IF methods, then use them as external methods.

> I also would like to know, if it is possible to update a bunch of external
> method zope objects simultaneously, or do I have to click 'edit' on every
> single external method object after editing the corresponding python method?
> This would be a bit tedious with 30 or more external methods...

Yeah, that is a pain, despite assurances that you shouldn't need to do
that :-S
probably the quickest way would just be to restart the Zope server...

cheers,

Chris