[Zope] request for advice: using ZCatalog

Bak@kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:09:34 +0800

On Tuesday 16 January 2001 11:05, Chris McDonough wrote:
> If I were you, I'd wait for 2.3 final.  There are some significant changes
> that need to make it into 2.3 yet as far as ZCatalog goes, including some
> textindex bugfixes and merging of textindexes on update.  2.2.5 has some
> Catalog bugfixes, but more bugs have been discovered and squashed since
> then.

ok
this puts me in a tight spot. any 2.3 ETA?  i don't know how long i can hold
this.  will 2.3 be backward compatible to 2.2.x?  if that's the case, it
should take care of the upgrade path.  and i can try and live with 2.2.5 and
its bugs until 2.3 arrives.

hoping that upgrading 2.2.x to 2.3.x to be as easy as upgrading from 2.1.x to
2.2.x.

thanks
--

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
http://www.kedai.com.my/eZine

Strange how laughter looks like crying with no sound, and raindrops taste
like tears .. without the pain