[Zope] commit_sub error in Product

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:47:27 +0100 (CET)

seb bacon writes:
 > I'm writing a minimal product for which I'm getting a
 >
 >  Error Type: AttributeError
 >  Error Value: commit_sub
 >
 > from the transaction machinery.  The traceback's no help.  The
 > offending code, however is:
 >
 >  class Foo(SimpleItem)
 >
 >     def __init__(self, id, title, file):
 >
 >         self.file = Image('file',title,'')
 >         self.file.manage_upload(file)
 >
 > Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?
This is a bug, that has been reported several times
recently.

Your file is probably quite large and Zope
wants to store it piecewise in the ZODB (in
several subtransaction). However, some necessary
object does not have the "commit_sub" method.

Look into the collector, whether the bug is already
recorded. If not, do it.

Dieter