[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.3.0 beta 1 released

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:49:04 -0500

Hello all,

  Zope 2.3.0 beta 1 is now available. You can download it from
  Zope.org:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.0b1/

  This release contains the final new features for 2.3, including:

    - A browser preferences screen to allow people to
      tweak certain aspects of the new management UI to their liking.
      For the folks who complained that they didn't like the new top frame,
      they can (among other things) turn it off from the browser preferences
      screen.

    - Michel and Amos' new QuickStart material. This is different
      in spirit than the old "QuickStart" folder. The new material is
      meant as a handy high-level set of pointers to important learning
      materials. The old "QuickStart" folder is still around by default
      for the beta release - we will need to decide whether to get rid
      of it altogether or whether it still has value as an example
      and should be cleaned up and retained.

    - The logout function has been implemented in a fairly minimal
      way. We will try to make this nicer by final if we get time.

    - Chris Petrilli has cleaned up the ZCatalog interface and done
      some logical reorganization to move some things onto an Advanced tab.

  For more information on what is new in this release, see the
  CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:

    - http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.0b1/CHANGES.txt

    - http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.0b1/HISTORY.txt

  Note that now we are in the beta period, so binaries are now
  available for all of the usual platforms.

  Enjoy!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909