[Zope] Postgresql Query.

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:33:25 +1000

+-------[ Jason C. Leach ]----------------------
| hi,
|
| I'd like to learn a bit more on how to do a SQL query on a postgres DB
| from Zope.  Like how to do it, what is better DTML or Python for it, and
| how would I do it in DTML (I can probably get python working fine).

You have to use a ZSQL Method to access databases from Zope.
You don't necessarily need to use ZSQL Methods from Python Products, but,
in reality this turns out to be rather more convenient.

Normally, I would tell you to visit;

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/

but, some monkey has designed the interface w/o actually testing it,
since there's no direct references to the online ZSQL Reference there
any more, and the online dtml reference shoves you into dtml-var.

Go to there, and then expand Zope Help in the left hand pane, and then
near the bottom there will be some stuff on ZSQL Methods. Pretty poor
compared to the online reference that used to be available.

There also used to be direct links to downloadable PDF docs -- also gone.

I know a lot of people weren't happy with the level of documentation, but,
removing useful (even if it wasn't the best) information from the
documentation pages isn't the solution.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |