[Zope] Variable sort and multiple sort in dtml-in

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:16:02 -0800

On 02 July 2000, Adam Karpierz, posted a patch that would allow an
expression for the sort specification for the dtml-in tag. Did that patch,
or something like it, ever find its way into the Zope core?

I also seem to remember some discussion of sorting on multiple items (but
can't find any trace of it in the archives). For example, in an employee
directory, sort on employee name within department. Anyone know how?

I'm trying to provide user-specified sorting on the records I pull from a
SQL database. When the user specifies sorting on Department, I assume he
wants the records order by Name within each department, but I can't see how
to do that with ZSQL or dtml-in.

-- Loren