[Zope] Stopping a <dtml-in>

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:24:12 -0500

> "Jonothan Farr" <jfarr@real.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Patches/dtml-break
>
> I requested that this page be cataloged but it never was.

I don't know why about that one.

> I also submitted it as
> a patch to the distribution but it was refused. Something about a new dtml-in
> implementation that I haven't seen materialize in the last 5 versions or so.

I seem to recall that this one was me;  I likely closed out your
Collector issue (May last year, was it), expecting that Evan's (?)
"loop variable" patch for the '<dtml-in>' tag would get folded in,
which never gelled.

The sentiment against "DTML-as-scripting-language" also makes
introducing more control structures difficult to sell;  I don't
buy that, myself, but have to listen to folks who do.

Anyway, I'm sorry that your proposal fell through the cracks;
the "hot money" these days is all on HiperDOM/XHTML stuff, rather
than DTML, so it may stay there (especially if the patch is hard
to apply to a recent Zope).

Tres.