[Zope] "Picture of the day" product

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:28:01 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Tres Seaver wrote:

> > What I'm not sure about is how to have Zope automatically display the photo
> > for a day, then archive it. Would a boolean property of the ZClass work? Is
> > it possible to have Zope set the property of a ZClass instance at certain
> > time? Any thoughts on how this would be designed?
>
> This kind of thing is a "query-on-metadata" application;  I would
> put all these images into a single folder (maybe chunked into
> subfolders by month?), mark them each with an 'effective' property
> (of type 'Date'), and then select the appropriate image via a
> catalog query, e.g.::
>
>   <dtml-in "Catalog( meta_type='Image'
-- rest of example snipped --

Are you suggesting I use the standard Image class? What about subclassing
Image so I can add a display_date property and whatever else I might need?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/