[Zope] Tools used for programming Zope

Gerald Gutierrez pozix@home.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:00:27 -0800

Hello all.

Thanks to those who gave me feedback in terms of what tools they use to do
Zope work. What I've gathered is that, while it is possible to do "remote
editing" of certain objects like DTML and SQL methods, many Zope objects
cannot be edited this way and must be done over the web.

I need to have source code readable on the filesystem independent of a Zope
server, so that I can do things like CVS them, use any editor on them, grep
them, etc. It seems that my only choice is to write products in Python
itself, instead of using the web interface of Zope, which is one of the
cool features of Zope.

This is unfortunate. If only Zope supports a "filesystem-natural" mapping
for its entire object model, this would be very cool indeed.

Thanks.

Gerald.