[Zope] What the f*ck went wrong...?

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:24:09 +0100

From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Stoonsdesign

>One thing more... One week before this happened I had to remove a poll
(Amos
>Latteier's Poll product, version 0.7.1) it messed something up... it simply
did not >know "results" anymore, and I couldn't even go into it (you know
from manage) to
>change/check anything...  Weird...

>Does anybody have any clue....?

This has happened to me, when I uninstalled a product by removing the Python
files. Then suddenly all hell broke loose when I tried to restart the
server.

I then reinstalled the product, and removed all instance of it on the site.
Then I could remove the Python files and restart nicely.

There really ought to be a "remove product" option in the controll panel,
that recursively removed all instances in the zope hierachy, and then moved
the python files to an "Uninstalled" directory. I cannot imagine that it
would be difficult.

regards Max M

Max M. W. Rasmussen,    Denmark.   New Media Director
private: maxmcorp@worldonline.dk work: maxm@normik.dk
Shipping software is an unnatural act