[Zope] Adding users with a PythonMethod

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:03:15 +1100

Greetings,

	I'm trying to add a users from within a PythonMethod.  I have searched this
list and found examples of how to add via DTML, but they all seem to require
REQUEST.

	I have built a dictionary containing the appropriate keys, and passed that
as REQUEST, and the following error occurs:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: SCRIPT_NAME

	From what I can see of the sources, if you pass a non-None REQUEST to
_addUser (via manage_users) it will return manage_main.  This seems odd to
me, because I can't see how you could pass the user details otherwise.

	So, what I'm left to conclude is it's easier to add a new user from DTML
than it is from a PythonMethod.

	I hope I'm missing something here...  any ideas?

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney