[Zope] Access Problem - external method and aquisition

Bill Welch bill@carbonecho.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:51:50 -0500 (EST)

Some time ago, I set up a site with SiteAccess and ZClient to pass through
a request to legacy php a la Mamey's 'Serving PHP/Perl from Zope'.  Works
great, lasts a long time.

I recently added Membership and restricted access to the folder. The
AccessRule works and publishing of index_html starts, as before. Upon
attempting to execute the external method that contains the ZClient,
however, I get a basic auth window. The problem seems to be that
aq_inContextOf returns 0 for the external method when it's called from
Products/LoginManager/LoginManger.py:84, thereby causing allowed to return
0, and raising the unauth exception at
AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py:183. Works fine for DTML methods
called within index_html. Any ideas?

Zope 2.2, linux, PTK 0.9, Membership 0.7.8

Bill.