[Zope] Zope Entry Flame

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 04:54:17 -0500

<site design flame>
Ok so under the famous heading called 'Zope Exits'
there's this tiny list on the left hand margin at www.zope.org home page
Surely what is missing are the key 'Into Zope' or 'Zope Entry' items?

- link directly to ZBook
- lnk directly to join up zope@zope.org mailing list.

This appears through out the site. There is all that blue space which is not
being intelligently used.
Misleading behavior from such exceedingly smart people.

Please don't misundestand me.
I know you are all cranking out amazing work, super new 2.3++ versions,
patches hiperdoms, zpatterns, racks etc.. You are brilliant. I love you..
but doesn't anyone here on this list or anyone at DC think its no time to at
least _discuss_ the site with some creative minds. Talk to some people who
understand web design + interface, talk to people who care about these
tools, AND how they can should be presented.

Of course I do not mean rush headlong into expensive dumbdotcom
superficiality remodelling, or stuff which will slow the site down... Thasnk
god those deays are behind us.

On the contrary, things which express lucidity, light, fast organized
presentation, awareness of users new and old, connectivity, access to
relevant links, deeper smarter sorting and selection devices. We know that
Zope can do it.

But first review please some options and ideas. Explore ideas about how the
Python and Zope home sites can, could and should be configurable,
user+context color keying of sections, smarter naviagtoin, add some style
[it's not 1995],

Honestly it is to think freshly about both the Zope and Python sites and ask
how they could efficiently be modelled as really ueseful + inspiring
Python-Zope showcase sites. There is more here at stake than window
dressing.

There are all the hands-on issues:
- workflow
- how sophisticated progammers using awesome tools can work with different
skillsets
- make to manage adaptive graphic and user interface design with these new
dynamic websites
- something beautiful and special
</flame>

:Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']