[Zope] how do I get properties from a calling document?

Gary Lowder gary@lowder.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:37:35 -0600

I have series of DTML Documents, at the same level in various folders.
The DTML Document (we'll call it 'lot_num') calls another DTML Document
(addForm), that sits at the project's root level, which is a form for
data input.

From the DTML Document 'lot_num', I can access it's properties with
<dtml-var number> and <dtml-var exp_date>.   When I call the form, I
need access to those variables.  I'll additionally need access to them,
when the form calls a method to store the data collected into a database
(the variables I already know from 'lot_num' will also go into that
database record, so need to be accessible as well).

Hrm, I tried to describe it simply, but it still looks confusing to me.

Document     =>     'Form'    =>    SQL Insert Method
properties

I need to be able to access the original document's properties from
'Form', and, pass those along with the user's inputed form data, to an
SQL Insert method, as the only variables "sent" on the POST to the SQL
Insert method are what were entered by the user.  (Maybe that sounded
better <grin>).

Thanks for your time and effort.

Gary.