[Zope] License

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:32:20 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> And the reason I asked is 'cos, as I understand it, if I use a GPL-licensed
> product in a product/solution I provide, then I have to do that for free and
> open source it too, which often isn't an option :-(

Of course you DON'T have to do your work for free !!! How could someone
make a living.

The GPL says clearly that you are perfectly allowed to sell your work.

However if your soft is GPLed or uses some GPLed code then you must
distribute (sell) your code along with all its sources, or the sources
should be made available for all at a minimal fee covering the
reproduction costs (a CDR probably)

The point is you should sell your service instead of your code.

hoping this will help your better undersstand what the GPL is all about.

bye,

Jerome Alet