[Zope] ANNOUNCE: please have a look at ZDatabaseTool

Andreas Heckel andreas@ahit.de
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:24:38 +0100

Olaf Zanger wrote:

> hi there
>
> Andreas Heckel schrieb:
> >
> > Olaf Zanger wrote:
> > >
> > > hi there,
> > >
> > > tested the printing facility (nicely done by pdf).
> > >
> > > it crashes
> > > * acrobat reader 4.05 on win98 and
> > > * the pdf/ps/ghostview part of konqui doesn't like it either,
> > >
> > > it works though under
> > > * acrobat reader 4.0 on suse 7.0
> >
> > Hi Olaf,
> > thanks for your feedback.
> > Unfortunately I can't reproduce the error.
> > Development is done on Linux and it looks fine.
> > I tested it just two minutes ago on the Win98 box of my girlfriend.
> > Acrobat 4.05a 113001:28 ; IE 4.0 (version 4.72.3110.1)
> > What can I say ... it works :-(
> > So could you please have a look at the about boxes of your browser and
> > Acrobat Reader and report your versions ?
> acroread 4.05a 113001:28 (the same as yours)
> ms ie 5.00.2919.6307
>
> also happens with
> netscape 4.73 de
>
> so it might be acrobat reader on my system.
>
> sorry -- can't test it more exactly without having it installed

Hi Olaf,
I'll do my best to release the code as soon as possible.
For now I turned off PDF compression. Would be interesting if it
makes more sense to your KERNEL32.DLL :-)
Unfortunately I can't update to ie 5 on the Win98 box of my girlfriend
because she needs it for business and she prohibited to toch her (still)
running system.

How ever ... I already saw my program running on W2000 Acrobat 4.05 IE
5.5 .

Perhaps we can get more feedback from WinXX users on this list ?!

Andreas Heckel                                           andreas@aHIT.de
UNIX is like a wigwam ...no gates ...no windows and an apache inside ;-)