[Zope] Is it possible to use regular CGI's like htDig with zserver?

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:39:54 -0800

I've been fooling around with htDig as a method of searching both my
dynamic pages and older static pages, on two different sites, and it
works great, since it's a 'spidering' search engine.... But since it is
running on the same machine as my Zope install, while experimenting with
it, I've had to run it on port 81, using a dedicated instance of Apache.
I realize that the "right" way to do this would be to run Zope as a CGI
and use Apache as the server, but since the performance of zserver has
been quite good I wanted to ask this. I know that Zope can serve pages
put of the filesystem. (i.e. act as a standard web server in some ways)
Can it also avail itself of the services of Apache-compatible CGIs,
notably htDig?

And if so, how would I set that up?

Thank you!

Chris Beaumont