[Zope] CacheManagers are cool :)

Bak@kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:33:36 +0800

> > Not exactly a real-life usage scenario, but it sounds impressive :)  Not
> > sure I understand what the cache keys are for though... is there any more
> > documentation forthcoming on this?
>
> so you can cache requests based on dynamic input.
>
> useful for authentication to present different cache pages to different
> users, and also to present common request dependent information from cache.
>
> as for real documentation, use the source luke

anybody tried expiring an object,? say after 300 secs, the cached object
expires, get invalidated and a new cached object is created when somebody
requested the page.
is there any simple way to expire a RAM Cache?

also, for those who tried caching.  what do you guys do?  cache the methods
that make up the bigger method?  or just cache the bigger method?

e.g dtml method a is made from method b, c, d,...n
do you cache a, or selectively cache b and/or c, d, ...

confusedly, yours