[Zope] Re: jcntuserfolder and Zope 2.3.0 works for me

Jephte CLAIN Jephte.Clain@univ-reunion.fr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:21:57 +0400

jimbo wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by it only works with 2.1.x.
I mean, it was designed and realized with Zope 2.1.x in mind. My
customer runs Zope 2.1.6 and the product runs with its installation.
That is all that matters.
I know that the Zope security machinery was changed in Zope 2.2 so
jcNTUserFolder should not work with it (but, it might work, I don't
know)
I also kwnow that the security machinery in Zope 2.3 was made backwardly
compatible with older authentication products like mine, but I cannot
guarantee it because I didn't even try it on Zope 2.3

> I'm using it to authenticate users from a NT domain.  Seems to work.
> The problem I have is how do I use it in the PTK.
> I'm not sure how to replace the default one with the ntuserfolder.
Well, I have not looked at the PTK for 1 year.
If the PTK use the login manager, the short answer is 'you probably
can't replace the default one with jcntuserfolder'
if the PTK use a modified user folder (like adding some properties to
user objects), I guess you can't just replace the default one with
jcntuserfolder
if the PTK use the default vanilla user folder, well, it might work to
just replace the default one with jcntuserfolder.

regards,
jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr