[Zope] Problem with Cut and Paste

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:13:52 -0500

> First I'm sorry if this message was already received in this list,
> but I'm sure I've not received it to confirm, so I send it again, sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> I'm trying to modify OFS/dtml/main.dtml and OFS/CopySupport.py
> in order to create a shortcut button to cut an object and paste it
> in the parent object in one click, because I think this may
> save lots of boring clicks, at least for me.
>
> When I call the following method from the management interface
> (OFS/dtml/main.dtml) then I receive this error:
>
> "The data in the clipboard could not be read, possibly due to
> cookie data being truncated by your web browser.
> Try copying fewer objects."]

Jerome - most Web browsers have a maximum limit to the amount
of cookie data that they will preserve from a given site
(usually around 4k as I recall, though this may vary from
browser to browser). If you have a lot of cookies from this
site already, your browser may be silently truncating the
cookie data sent. You could check this by looking at the
length of the data you get from manage_cutObjects as
cb_copy_data.

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909