[Zope] Error defining permissions in ZClass in Zop3-2.3

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:47:54 -0500

> When I want to define a permission a ZClass or a folder in a
> ZClass with the
> management - Interface in Zope 2.3, I alwasy get the following
> error message:
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: too many arguments; expected 2, got 3
>
> When I did exactly the same thing under the same circumstances in
> Zope-2.2.5,
> it worked fine.
>
> Because of this error, it's now impossible to access a dtml-method in a
> folder in a ZClassby an object of this ZClass.
>
> Has anybody an indea what I'm might doing wrong, or what has
> changed in 2.3
> that I have to do it differently an how?
> Or ist this simply a bug?

It was a bug (already fixed in CVS). You can get the updated
lib/python/App/Permission.py from the public CVS to work
around it for now. I anticipate making a 2.3.1 release in the
next few weeks - we want to allow enough time for all of
these kinds of things to shake out.

In the meantime, I may post some sort of unofficial update
.tgz so that people who are CVS-averse aren't blocked by
the issues that come up along the way.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909