[Zope] Extremely slow connection on local network (Zope 2.2.5, Win2k)

Matt Gushee mgushee@architag.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:52:02 -0700

Chris McDonough wrote:

> If you visit localhost via the IP address (127.0.0.1), do you experience the
> same problem?

Nope. When I'm sitting in front of the server, the connection is equally
fast whether I use the actual host name, 'localhost', 127.0.0.1, or the
external IP address (which is assigned by DHCP, by the way). Similarly,
from a remote host, the connection is equally slow whether I use the
bare or qualified hostname, or the IP address.

--
Matt Gushee

Consultant
Architag International