[Zope] set variable for a user/cookie? boundary="------------E36E6BD0D5D30055AF1B1A23"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:40:36 +0100 (CET)

Olaf Zanger writes:
 > Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
 > --------------E36E6BD0D5D30055AF1B1A23
Please do not send MIME messages to this list!

 > NFGNav uses a variable to switch languages. it changes the variable in the submit
 > string. since i use this string for other purpose i need a different solution.
I do not know, what you mean with the "submit string"
(I expect, you mean the "query string").
Almost surely, you will be able to use it "multi-purpose", i.e.
append your language information.

 > how do i set a var for a user for the complete session?
seems to call for a session product (--> zope.org)

 > would cookies solve my problem?
may well be possible

 > where do i find know-how to set a cookie and work with it (never done that?)?
I think there is a HowTo on zope.org.
Do you know, that you can search zope.org....?

Dieter