[Zope] SiteRoot help

peter bengtson peter@grenna.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:02:51 -0000

There should be a book written about Siteaccess/SiteRoot/Access Rules and
Proxing Apache, but right now I'm just going to have to ask the community.

This is how the URL can look like before and SiteRoots are set at all.
Ex.
(domain 0)
http://www.localserver.com:8080/projects/myfriends/peter/familyphotos

Now with a SiteRoot that "replaces" http://www.localserver.com:8080/projects
Ex.
(domain 1) http://www.manage-your-friend-account.com/peter/familyphotos

And also a SiteRoot that "replaces"
http://www.localserver.com:8080/projects/peter
Ex.
(domain 2) http://www.peterthefriend.com/familyphotos

Do you see the difference between domain 1 and domain 2 ?? Only one folder
down, then there's a new SiteRoot.

Now to the problem.
For Peter to go to his "manage-your-friend-account.com site", he bookmarks
http://www.manage-your-friend-account.com/peter/
But when he goes to that URL, the first folder he bumps into is a folder
that has a SiteRoot already!! Crash!!
This causes the bookmarked URL to change to the one he crashes in to. I
don't want that!

I want to be able to fly into a folder that has a SiteRoot in it, but not to
have the SiteRoot there affect the URL I'm coming in with.
How is this possible?? Any nifty workaround hack is welcomed.

In site/domain/proxy confusion.
Peter