[Zope] Automatic Indexing at Regular Times

David Legg d.legg@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:40:51 +0100

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the Zcatalog and it seems quite an interesting
product to use. However, I want to be able to reindex objects and pull in
new ones if they are there 'automatically' without having to do this
manually (obviously not something you'd want to do on a regular basis). Is
there some way of doing this in Zope - Interval of update: 2 days - or
something like that without having to resort to cron jobs etc. I'm pretty
sure there isn't - but is there any plans afoot to do this in the future? Is
the new versions of Zope paving the way for this? I seem to remember XML/RSS
site summary products having this problem when I looked at them - having to
manually update them really is not an option especially when you have a lot
of them.

If you are going to do neat stuff with cataloguing and searching then I
think automatic indexing is absolutely essential, especially when the Zope
blurb says it has it's own built in search engine etc.

Thanks in advance.

David