[Zope] MSAccess

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:40:29 -0700

I presume you meant "... and access it with Zope on another _Win2K_ server."

This is possible. The Zope part is straight-forward. I do this on WinNT4
using the ZODBC driver. I don't know if Win2K is different, but I wouldn't
expect so. You have to set up a system DSN for the database, not a User DSN.
The tricky part is getting the Win2K permissions set up correctly. We spent
some time experimenting with different combinations. We created a special
user, ZopeServer. The Zope instance runs as user ZopeServer. IIRC (and here
I'm not sure), ZopeServer has to have Local Admin privileges on the DB host.
(But last time I said this on the list, someone wrote that they were doing
it successfully with a less elaborate configuration. Clearly, no one can
give you a cookbook recipe for this -- you have to have a consistent Win2K
security strategy.)

Anyway, when you say "nothing works", you won't get much help unless you
give details of configuration and error messages.

-- Loren