[Zope] Updating Zclass object titles

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:02:50 +0200

>    <dtml-call "doc.propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">

Surprised anything works with this.
manage_changeProperties requires that you say exactly what should be updated
like you have shown below.
If you don't want to say exactly which properties to update you should use
manage_editProperties() which sniffs the REQUEST for existing variablenames
that match what is in the basics of the ZClass.

doc.propertysheets.Basic contains the id and title properties by default.
Don't you have a real propertysheet instance for your ZClass? Use that one
instead then to set the title and it will overwrite the basic one.

Since Zope 2.3.0, <dtml-call is silent on errors.
<dtml-call blablablashitbla> returns no error if it doesn't exist.

<dtml-var blablablashitbla> will return a KeyError though. Use <dtml-var for
debugging.

peter

> where
>   this is in the submit form of a HTML form, with "title" as a field.
This
> will update all
>  properties except the title. I have l also tried directly updating it by
> calling
>    <dtml-call
> "doc.propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(title=new_title)">
> I have tried trapping exceptions, and neither of these calls raise one.
So