[Zope] ZPhotoAlbum and images in general

Steve Drees drees@the-bridge.net
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:33:18 -0500

> is storing everything in one big file makes me extremely nervous. Probably
> doesn't matter for smaller web sites but if I actually wanted to use this
> for larger sites it would be a real sticking point. Any advice on this
> point?

Most databases store everything in a few large files. Why is one large file
worse?
ZODB is a real database. It's a real good database.

Aside from that,
things you can look at are:
1) serving images from a seperate http server that is filesystem based.
2) using the localfs product
3) storing everything in an relational database. (oracle, postgres, mysql)