[Zope] is DTML a www standard?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:24:40 +0100

--On 06 July 2001 09:10 +0100 Phil Harris <phil.harris@zope.co.uk> wrote:

> No

One of the contradictions of the open-ness of Zope has always
been the proprietary-ness of DTML (i.e. it's Zope specific).

This has been used by many (and with some justification) as
a stick with which to beat Zope.

However, with advent of Python Scripts and Perl Scripts, there
is really no reason to write your logic bits in DTML. The Zope
Book is good on explaining the relative merits/roles of
Python, Perl and DTML (see DTML versus Python versus Perl in
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/ScriptingZope.dtml )

HTH

Paul