[Zope] How to force root context thru URL acquisition?

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:53:58 -0400 (EDT)

I have a simple DTML Method, Dig, which produces a sitemap by
recursively digging into objectValues. I keep this at the root level
of our site so that I can give it a URL like

  http://foo.com/about/stencils/Dig

and get a sitemap of everything in & below /about/stencils

However, my root dir is getting very full, so I was moving some
administrative tools to subfolders where they are used. I want to move Dig
to the admin folder. If I do this, I can still get a sitemap of stencils,
now with

  http://foo.com/admin/about/stencils/Dig

(assuming that admin doesn't have an about section, of course)

However, how do I get a sitemap of the whole site? How can I put into the
URL that I want to go back to the top?

a) I know I can crete a DTMLDocument that does something like

    <dtml-with "PARENTS[-1]"><dtml-var Dig></dtml-with>.

   I want to do this in the URL, not have to create a special method for
   root digging.

b) I tried creating an object in the admin folder to represent the
   root level. This was called "root", and contained

    <dtml-return "PARENTS[-1]">

   but if I try

     http://foo.com/admin/root/Dig

  I don' get anything.