[Zope] Zope 2.3 nominated for Webtechniques Web Tools readers choice award

Steve Drees drees@the-bridge.net
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:45:21 -0500

> "Michael R. Bernstein" wrote:
> > Zope 2.3 is featured in the 'infrastructure' category, rather than
> > 'strategy' or 'development', but I suppose each person will see that
> > choice differently.
>
> I'm glad Zope is featured in the poll, but why do they force readers to
> compare Zope, PostgreSQL, Mandrake, WebTrends, a syndication server,
> etc?  Apples and oranges... Mandrake is not better than Zope and Zope is
> not better than Mandrake!

Agreed.

Plus I use zope and postgres together all the time.
Which is better? I don't know. In their respective domains I feel they are
each
the best 'free' choice available, if not simply the best choice.

I still voted for Zope.