[Zope] Zope + SVG = killer map server ?

Didier Georgieff Didier Georgieff <dgeorgief1@cybercable.fr>
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:13:37 +0100

Hello,

We are thinking about replacing our Arcview Internet Map Server
(serve map datas images to web clients, ans more) with a Zope +
SVG architecture.

We already can see the huge benefits for such a framework :

- benefits of SVG on the client (make the application more
interactive and quite speedy after the data download)
- benefits for a geographical base class (*any* document being
able to self represent or localize on a map, ...)
- benefits of interoperability with gis data
- benefits of zope for managing all the complexity,
- so and so

Before going further (architecture and implementation), is there any
one who already had same thought, or is there any similar project
where we can drop in ?

I already have some working pieces and some conceptual pieces,
and all that needs to be properly discussed.
Honnestly, this could be the next CMFlike killer app because maps
are soooooooo sexy ;-)))

Regards.
Didier.