[Zope] Site statistics

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:01:15 -0500

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:33:46 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:
>If you're running Apache in front of Zope (with
>mod_rewrite/mod_proxy)

I recently came to the conclusion that it's
got to be FastCGI.  Zope is way too proxy-
hostile.  (I might start wielding my kludge
stick at this problem again sometime soon,
but I lost in my bout with it last night.)

>then you can still use Apache's logfiles.

With several servers, it's not something I
want to do.

We have over 70 Apache servers running that
way now and trying to manage years of logs
is enough of a pain.  (I just submitted a
request for a restore of logs that were
blown away in a Solaris upgrade.)

Attempting to scan through more than a
few days of logs for a realtime query is
just ridiculous.  I'm hoping PostgreSQL
will be my savior.

--kyler