[Zope] More problems with redirecting from standard_error_message

Peter Hernberg petehern@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

I recently posted about problems redirecting from standard_error_message (see
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-July/094515.html). After reading the
docs on redirecting from standard_error_message
 (http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage), I tried using
RESPONSE.redirect(). No matter where I call RESPONSE.redirect(). I've whittled
down my standard_error_message to

<dtml-if "error_type=='NotFound'">
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('http://www.newsite.com/index_html')">
  The page you requested is now <a
href="http://www.newsite.com/index_html">here. </a>
<dtml-else>
   ...The normal standard_error_message is here...
</dtml-if>

The "page has moved here" message shows up, but neither NS or IE will redirect.
What am I doing wrong?

FYI, I'm running Zope 2.3.3 through Apache (proxy) RewriteRules and a
VirtualHostMonster. It occurs to me that the proxying/VirtualHostMonster might
be the source of my problems...

=====
Peter Hernberg
Physicists tell us there are an inifite number of parallel universes. Is it so much to ask to be the center of this one?

"More love or more disdain I crave"    --Charles Webbe