[Zope] How to accaess ssl related CGI environment variables

Istvan Vago vago@lilo2000.hu
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:55:18 +0200

Hi!

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

>>Well, I was not absolutely correct, I use mod_pcgi2. Also tried fastcgi,
>>but looking in the REQUEST both case, no SSL related variable :-((((
>>

>   As the author of mod_pcgi2 I can assure you that the module passess all
>environment variables that are available at the moment of request.
>
>>The vars are there, I can use them in apache's conf (eg. write the
>>SSL_CLIENT_S_DN to the log file).
>>

>   May be by some reason Apache does not passes these variables to the
>mod_pcgi2.
>
>>Are the vars should be in the REQUEST? Or I should look in somewhere else?
>>

>   Yes, I think they must. How did you look into REQUEST.environ? There is
>a chance Zope's Request object hides some variables from you.

I looked in REQUEST's _orig_env attribute first, then went to
PCGIServer.py.
Here are the vars PCGIServer.py gets:

DOCUMENT_ROOT, SERVER_ADDR, HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING, SERVER_PORT,
PATH_TRANSLATED, REMOTE_ADDR, SERVER_SOFTWARE, GATEWAY_INTERFACE,
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE, REMOTE_PORT, SERVER_NAME, HTTP_CONNECTION,
HTTP_USER_AGENT, HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET, HTTP_ACCEPT, REQUEST_URI,
HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION, PATH, QUERY_STRING, SERVER_PROTOCOL, HTTPS,
PATH_INFO, HTTP_HOST, REQUEST_METHOD, SERVER_SIGNATURE, SCRIPT_NAME,
SERVER_ADMIN, SCRIPT_FILENAME, HTTP_COOKIE, HTTP_PRAGMA

It must be apache, not passing the the SSL env vars.

Thanks

Istvan Vago