[Zope] RE: meeting agenda?

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd_Cranston-Cuebas@citysearch.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:25:37 -0700

Charlie,

See that's my biggest stumbling block. You really need to have a good object
design and then create a ZClass if you're going to work with the ZODB. I'd
love to see something simple, like a recipe card file created from scratch
using ZClasses. Any "mature" Zope user willing to give it a try? I'm going
to bring in my stand-alone Linux desktop unit so I can show off the word doc
conversion product, so we'll have a server available.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Blanchard [mailto:charlie@blanchardsite.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 2:22 PM
To: ender
Cc: Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Subject: Re: meeting agenda?

nope. been swamped. i'd still like to see someone go thru the
process of building a trivial app using zope. i.e., i've got a
movie database that catalogs my vhs, laserdiscs and dvd movies.

the first version was built using minivend (a perl based
ecommerce app) and i have converted it to zope via mysql using
zsql and dtml. i've played with tal by converting some of the
dtml pages to page templates for comparison and that was neat.

then i built a zclass to see what it would be like to try to
implement the app in zodb only, and doing so raises a lot of
questions that hark back to initial design. like how do you
design properly for OO from the ground up...

<sigh>

--
charlie blanchard
http://baldguru.com/