[Zope] Is it a DTML method, Document, folder, or image?

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:24:23 -0800

Hey all,

let's say that I want to be able to go into a folder and find out something
about each object within...namely its type. I can't seem to find the correct
syntax. I can do this for the title if the objects:

<dtml-in objectValues>
    <dtml-var title><br>
</dtml-in objectValues>

but I can't seem to find the 'type'. I tried different syntaxes, to no
avail. Anyone know how to code this?

Also, is there a way to specify a wildcard? Situation: I have separated all
content from display. The user can update the site's content. All editable
content goes into methods that start with 'Editable_' A folder can have one
or more of these methods inside, so I want to list all available methods in
a folder that start with that name. How do I achieve this? Maybe something
similar to:

<dtml-in objectValues>
    <dtml-if expr="id == 'Editable_'*">
        <dtml-var id>
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-in objectValues>

Obviously, this doesn't work, but I'm looking for something similiar. Check
that, I'm looking for something that works; if it doesn't resemble the
example, well, I don't care!  ;>

Thanks in advance,
Tommy

Innovation: