[Zope] pdf files dont work ??

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:49:32 -0500

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:55:10 +0200 you wrote:

>the browser loads something but it doesnt start acrobat reader, it
>displays an empty window
>i set the content_type to "application/pdf"

I have not experienced this.  I suggest trying the
same URL with a simple client (lynx/GET) so that
you can get the data to a file for examination.

>i read somewhere that the id has to end with .pdf - so that acrobat
>checks the file - but this wasnt the problem

This I have experienced.  The problem is that the
dumb clients aren't configured correctly.  The
behavior is different, though.  The client should
pop up a warning saying it doesn't know what to do
with application/pdf.

>is it possible, that the files are too big or corrupted ??

Download to a file and check.

>would it be better to store such files in the filesystem instead in zodb ??

I have handled large PDF files from the ZODB.
They should be no different than any other static
content (unless you're trying to use byte-range
serving).

--kyler