[Zope] problems creating a Contents management tab

Bob Shelton polaris@infinity.erf.net
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:38:07 -0500

> I would look in ObjecManager.py / manage_main()

> But try the simple things first. Try removing all your own manage tabs and
> just use the defaults from your parent classes.

> like this:

> manage_options = ObjectManager.manage_options\
>                         + RoleManager.manage_options
>                         + Item.manage_options

> If this gives you trouble, you should look elsewhere for your error.

it did give me trouble.
the solution was to remove 'meta_types' from my class and apparently
inherit it from ObjectManager.  the method
ObjectManager.filter_meta_types was attempting to use .has_key('...')
on my tuple of metatypes (which were strings).  i am unclear as to
where zope translates these strings to some other object.

as for the manage_options, i used a bastardized version of the Folder
class'.  it works, but i am still unclear about the details.

-bob