[Zope] Inheritance and first post. :)

Nat Harari nat@interactivehq.org
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:26:45 -0400

Hi. :)

I'm new on the list and a new user of Zope. Yay. :)

Okay, I'm a designer, really, but I'll be damned if this isn't the best thing I've seen online in many a year (and I *have* been on
since 1991...and even before so... :) )... Anyway, I'm not a coder so you guys are gonna get a lot of questions from me, if that's
okay. I'm trying to do this all by myself (no coders here where I work...I'm it).

First question: Inheritance.

I'm doing the tutorial in the Zope Book that I downloaded a few weeks ago and printed out. It's the ZopeZoo site that I'm creating
right now. For some reason, my standard_html_header is not functioning the way it is supposed to. When you go down into the Reptiles
folder layer, the standard_html_header is not being read. It is apparently looking for the one in the root folder instead of the
ZopeZoo folder (which is right above the layer of the Reptiles folder). You know the one I mean? The header that they have you
create with the navigation system on it. It works for ZopeZoo/index_html but not ZopeZoo/Reptiles/index_html.

Can anyone help me on this, please? :)

Thank you. Oh..and this is my work email. I'm learning Zope both for personal reasons and for work...so I'm signed up to the list
twice with different emails.

Thanks again!

Nat. :)